AIO support on Linux

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Fri Oct 20 12:01:26 MSD 2006

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006, Delta Yeh wrote:

> 2006/10/19, Igor Sysoev <is at rambler-co.ru>:
>>
>> On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Gentoo wrote:
>>
>> > I read this blog
>> >
>> http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2006/05/21/speedup-your-lamp-stack-with-lighttpd/
>> > now all web servers are lack of these features
>> >

>> >  - Persistent connections to FastCGI servers
>> >  - Keep alive from Reverse proxy to web server
>> >  - Async IO for serving large large files
>> >
>> > so I guess if nginx can support those features, it will be cool
>>
>> I have plan to support persistent connection to proxied and FastCGI
>> servers.
>
> The same features as apache mod_proxy and mod_proxy_balancer ?

What features of mod_proxy and mod_proxy_balancer are you talking about ?

nginx already has ngx_http_proxy_module:
http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpProxyModule
that supports primitive load balancing and fault-tolerance:
http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpUpstreamModule

Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/