expires off not applying

Erik Karulf erik at karulf.com
Fri Apr 20 11:31:54 MSD 2007

On 4/20/07, Igor Sysoev <is at rambler-co.ru> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 09:20:46PM -0500, Erik Karulf wrote:
>
> >        if ($request_filename !~* "^.+.(php|php3)$") {
> >           root   /www/forums.example.com/ <http://arcade.com/>;
> >           expires    30d;
> >           break;
> >        }

You should use

>      location ~ .\.(php|php3)$ {
>         proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8080/;
>         expires    off;
>      }

Hi Igor
Thanks for the help (and amazing webserver). I am trying (and perhaps I am
misinterpreting the variable) to route based on the name of the file on the
server side. The result is the server will notice that the file being called
when you go to http://forums.example.com/ is actually
/www/forums.example.com/index.php (through the index argument above). The
goal is that I have a bunch of subdirectories that have index.php's, I would
prefer not having to set those locations statically into the config file and
instead have a regular expression evaluated per request.
I do not know if this is possible, but it is my goal.

Cheers!
-Erik