feature request

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Sun Apr 29 18:43:46 MSD 2007

On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 08:29:32PM -0700, Cliff Wells wrote:

> This one is easy as it shouldn't require much coding ;-)
>
> Lighttpd includes a utility called spawn-fcgi for running FCGI
> processes.  This is what I use for running PHP under Nginx, but it's
> kind of annoying to have to install Lighttpd to get this utility.
>
> Perhaps Nginx could just "borrow" this utility and include it in the
> source archive (maybe under a different name to avoid conflicts)?

I have not written the similar utility, because spawn-fcgi does enough
to run PHP and I recommend to use it. I simply can not do it better,
because PHP has poor FastCGI support.

One of nginx users made patch against PHP-4.3.11 that does:
*) logging support;
*) control using signals;
*) detecting Zend Accelertor shared memory damage and restarting all processes.

As to spawn-fcgi, I usually do not include external code in source tarball,
for example, nginx can build zlib, pcre, etc. from sources, but
do not include these sources. I can include build procedure but it's trivial.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/