pls. explain ngx_http_stub_status_module

Martin Minka martin.minka at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 17:49:25 MSD 2007

1. Hope it is ok that I added your explanation to english wiki.

2. The RRD script is gathering data only each minute. It would be great to
get information accumulated between now and latest request with RESET
parameter (like http://<server>/nginx_status?RESET. The values should be
max(), min(), avg(), count(of status changes). I saw on the
http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxFeatureRequests page request about extended
server-status ... I support this request as middle priority.

3. I would vote for "Smart load balancing" with highest mark. It would be
great if nginx could automaticaly adjust what server to use. Unfortunately I
am running very differend hardware on my backend servers and it is difficult
to set the height between them. I am not sure how difficult it could be to
implement some heartbeat metrics or compare response time of the same URL
(maybe set as default) from different servers.

Thank you for this great product and please don't get boring on this project
;),
Martin Minka