Install error

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Aug 6 02:24:19 MSD 2007

Hello!

On Sun, 5 Aug 2007, Adam Zell wrote:

[...]

>>> It appears that the /opt/nginx/conf directory has not been created
>> before
>>> the cp command.
>>>

>> Try this patch:
>>
>> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.nginx.english/1294
>
> The patch prevents the error message, but breaks the installation directory
> structure.  Files that used to be under /opt/nginx/conf are now directly
> installed under /opt/nginx (the default nginx.conf still refers to
> conf/mime.types).  Is the change intentional?

I suppose this is a bug. At least, the bug is that $NGX_CONF_PATH still
defaults to $NGX_CONF_PREFIX/conf/nginx.conf, while nginx.conf is
installed into $NGX_CONF_PREFIX (and other inconsistencies like this,
including ones in example configuration file you mentioned).

Sure Igor will resolve this somehow in 0.6.7.

Maxim Dounin