about the Guide to Nginx Module Development

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Sun Aug 19 20:18:24 MSD 2007

Hi again.

I have decided to write mod_wsgi by myself, and I have fuond the Evan
Miller's guide very helful.

However I think that some important documentation is missing:
1) The overall architecture of nginx
2) nginx memory handling
3) how to read data from the request payload
4) how to read and generate arbitrary headers
    There is an headers attribute in the request struct, what is its
    content?
5) More about chain links.
    When sending the response body, we have two choices
    (but I'm not sure):
    - write the entire chain links and then pass it to the output filter
      (so we buffer the entire response)
    - create a partial response, create a buffer and call the output
      filter, then create a new partial response, create a new buffer and
      call the outputfilter, and so on.

Thanks and regards  Manlio Perillo