[wsgi] Python interpreter initialization

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Tue Aug 21 15:52:21 MSD 2007

Aleksandar Lazic ha scritto:
> On Die 21.08.2007 09:17, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>> Cliff Wells ha scritto:
>>>
>>> This makes me wonder if writing a mod_ajp wouldn't be more efficient
>>> in the long run.  ajp-wsgi is already out there and runs as a separate
>>> server, so these would be non-issues.
>>>
>>> http://www.saddi.com/software/news/archives/49-ajp-wsgi.html
>>
>> Why should we implement and use server that speaks languages other then
>> HTTP?
>
> Due the fact that HTTP is stateless ;-).

Well, being stateless (RESTfull) is one of main reason of the success of
HTTP...

What's the advantage of implementing an AJP server that can not serve
HTTP requests without another web server that converts HTTP requests to
AJP requests?

Maybe writing an AJP parser is simpler than writing an HTTP parser, but
this is the reason why I'm using nginx instead of writing an HTTP server
from scratch.

> Cheers
>
> Aleks

Regards  Manlio Perillo