The fair proxy balancer

Jure Pečar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Wed Dec 5 02:50:14 MSK 2007

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 19:33:44 +0100
Grzegorz Nosek <grzegorz.nosek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, here I am. Bullseye :)

Just wondering - do you know mod_backhand?
http://www.backhand.org/mod_backhand/

I love very much the way how it recalculates where the request should go on
the fly via its "candidacy functions". Of course I would love to see
something similiar in nginx.

That would require a method of comunication between upstream servers
(php-cgi, mongrels, whatever) and nginx, as upstreams should be able to
inform nginx about their state and the state of the machine they're on.
Anyone interested in implementing something in this direction?

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org/