[dev] ngx_http_clear_last_modified in addition_filter_module

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Wed Dec 12 14:56:16 MSK 2007

Igor Sysoev ha scritto:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 08:56:52PM +0100, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>
>> I have noted that in the addition_filter_module the last_modified field
>> is not cleared, like it is done in ssi and sub filter modules.
>>
>> What is the reason?
>
> I consider that after addition_filter_module the response body is
> mostly the same. The filter simply adds some banners, etc, that
> have no relation to the body content.

Right, but the added content can change, and this is not handled by
nginx (well, not a real problem and taking care of the Last-Modified
time of all included resources can be only a complication).

By the way, I have just do some test like:

         location /wsgi-read {
             add_after_body /wsgi-read/usr/local/nginx/ssi.txt;

             wsgi_pass /usr/local/nginx/nginx-read.py;
         }

That is, using as after_body a resource that, in turn, uses after_body.

nginx does not report errors, but the page is not rendered.

 > [...]

Thanks  Manlio Perillo