New entry in the english Wiki: Installing recent versions from Debian Repositories (testing and sid)

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Thu Dec 13 23:22:31 MSK 2007

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 07:58:31PM +0100, Marcin Kasperski wrote:

> >     http://wiki.codemongers.com/InstallingFromDebianRepositories
>
> Some alternative is:
>
> $ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nginx.list
> deb http://deb.wapper.ru/nginx/ ./
>
> (0.5.33 for debian sarge)
>
> PS Great thanks to the creator of this package.
> PS2 There are minor differences in the configuration files layout.

By the way, some time ago I had written debian package diff.
I can include it to tarball, but want to avoid updating debian/changelog
for every release. Is it possible ?

> PS3 Let's find some critical security hole in 0.4.*, so debian team is
> forced to upgrade ;-)

It's easy:

Changes with nginx 0.5.24                                        06 Jun 2007

    *) Security: the "ssl_verify_client" directive did not work if request
       was made using HTTP/0.9.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/