New entry in the english Wiki: Installing recent versions from Debian Repositories (testing and sid)

José Miguel Parrella Romero joseparrella at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 01:12:32 MSK 2007

2007/12/14, Marcin Kasperski <Marcin.Kasperski at softax.com.pl>:
> PS Great thanks to the creator of this package.
> PS2 There are minor differences in the configuration files layout.
> PS3 Let's find some critical security hole in 0.4.*, so debian team is
> forced to upgrade ;-)

I'm the Debian maintainer for the nginx package. When Etch was
released, I requested 0.5.13 to be shipped with the stable release,
yet it was denied [1] -- Ubuntu, however, did welcome the suggestion.
Now nginx has two Debian Developers (Fabio Tranchitella and myself)
working on it, as well as lots of Ubuntu collaborators, and the last
release solved lots of problems on the package, so hopefully it will
achieve quality again (and Lenny will ship a great version of a great
webserver :)

Jose

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2007/02/msg00770.html