gzip_static

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Sat Dec 29 11:46:31 MSK 2007

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 03:16:45AM -0500, Ian M. Evans wrote:

> The gzip_static static module seems like something that could help us
> during high traffic events. I didn't see a wiki entry for it...is there
> some documentation?

./configure --with-http_gzip_static_module ...

     location /js/ {
         gzip_static   on;

         # common directives with gzip filter module
         gzip_http_version   1.1;
         gzip_proxied        expired no-cache no-store private auth;
         gzip_disable        "MSIE [1-6]\.";
         gzip_vary           on;
     }

Then a request /js/prototype.js will be handled by /js/prototype.js or
by precompressed /js/prototype.js.gz if it is exist.

Try to keep the same keep modification time of both files.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/