unresolved bugs

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Sun Dec 30 09:06:07 MSK 2007

On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 01:53:30AM +0100, Bryon Roche wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 18:50:09 -0500
> "Bob Ippolito" <bob at redivi.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 29, 2007 6:40 PM, Evan Miller
> > <emmiller at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I've been catching up on the list and noticed a number of bug
> > > reports that have not been resolved. Is it time for a bug tracker?
> > > I went ahead and compiled a few examples here:
> > >
> > > http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxBugs
> > >
> > > Feel free to organize, append to, or fix these bugs.
> >
> > Isn't that SSL bug fixed in 0.6.24?
> The 0.6.22-24 SSL stuff was to fix a memory leak IIRC.  I recently
> migrated a lighttpd installation to nginx 0.6.22 recently due to the
> an occurence of this same bug with SSL connects in a single thread in
> lighttpd.  My tests with ab-2.0.40 in SSL mode worked with large
> concurrent and aborted partial requests on nginx-0.6.22 for me.

There was no memory leak. It was memory framgentation in OpenSSL built-in
session cache. 0.6.23 disables the cache by default. Also you might use
shared session cache.

Also, 0.6.23 has fixed SSL "bad write retry" errors,
and 0.6.24 has decreased SSL memory leaved in keep-alive connection.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/