SSL FD Leak

Ben Maurer bmaurer at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Dec 30 23:48:08 MSK 2007

Hi,

On a server that has quite a few SSL connections, I started to notice
that FDs were leaking. I set the load balancer in front of nginx to stop
sending new requests to one server for a few minutes (to let the
keepalive time expire) and found that there were a few thousand FDs
open. netstat says that there are many sockets in the CLOSE_WAIT and
ESTABLISHED state for the SSL server. Many of them have data in receive
queue.

Any ideas what might cause this? This is an up-to-date 0.5.x install.

- Ben