Access key module

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Mon Dec 31 14:55:23 MSK 2007

Grzegorz Nosek ha scritto:
> [...]
>
> BTW, how do you suggest to keep the official repo up to date with
> contrib modules? Igor's releases I can keep track of, but this won't
> scale to contrib modules. I can either give the developers push access
> (which I'd rather not do), or set up a mailing list for sending
> lkml-style "please pull" requests. Periodic updates maybe?

I think that each external module should be kept separate from nginx "core".

An example is my mod_wsgi module, where I provide support for several
nginx version using patches.

> [...]
>
> I think that an official repository (with vanilla and all the contrib
> modules in one tree), with some nice bug tracker (trac indeed would be
> fine) would help. This could also become a place for collecting
> development documentation (i.e. internal APIs, ways to do things
> nginx-style, common coding pitfalls, FAQs etc.) which is too technical
> to put it on the main wiki.

This would be a great thing, but we need the collaboration of Igor,
otherwise I would consider it just a fork of nginx.

> The "Guide to Nginx Module Development" is a great document but I
> think that the community could extend it even further, e.g. I'm
> currently up to date with nginx's shared memory support (which needs
> getting used to) and load balancer interface, Manlio with his mod_wsgi
> could probably write a lot of interesting stuff etc.

Yes, with mod_wsgi I have learned a lot of nginx internals ;-).

Unfortunately I'm not very good at writing documentation.
However I can start to write single documentation pages for each of the
nginx "public" headers, and some documentation page for nginx
"astractions" and main concepts (events, process channels, buffer
chains, modules and configuration).

> Best regards,
>  Grzegorz Nosek

Regards  Manlio Perillo