Subversion behind Nginx

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Mon Jan 1 14:28:44 MSK 2007

Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Son 31.12.2006 18:16, Cliff Wells wrote:
>>
>> How difficult would it be for Nginx to support these additional methods
>> as well?  There's at least two reference implementations (Apache and
>> Squid).
>
> I'am not sure but could this help:
>
> ---
> proxy_method PROPFIND REPORT MERGE MKACTIVITY CHECKOUT;

> proxy_method PROPFIND;

So I see that Nginx does in fact support "proxy_method", however it only
supports a single argument and doesn't accept multiple directives (which
SVN support would appear to require).

So the second example you provide is accepted by Nginx but insufficient
to support Subversion and the first version is an error in Nginx.

Either way, we should get this in the wiki once we've cleared up exactly
how it works.

Cliff