nginx-0.6.4

Janko Hauser jh at zscout.de
Wed Jul 18 02:03:17 MSD 2007

Am 17.07.2007 um 15:53 schrieb Janko Hauser:

> Am 17.07.2007 um 15:16 schrieb Igor Sysoev:

>>> Ah, that makes things clearer. Is it possible to steer this from the
>>> backend by setting headers in the response or some other means? But
>>> this alone will help a lot, thanks.
>>
>> proxy_store   /data/www$http_upstream_some_header;
>
> Ah, great, first I thought, this would set only the location, but
> if the backend sets a "wrong" path, the backend can actually
> decide, if its content should be stored. The flexibility of nginx
> is amazing.

Hm, thinking about this some more, the setting of a wrong path would
nevertheless mean, that something is written everytime the page is
called. It would be better to have some form of conditional,
preferable by the existence of a specific header, which can decide if
proxy_store directive is active, and the return value from the
backend is stored.

Perhaps this is out of scope of the mechanism.

With regards,

__Janko Hauser

Janko Hauser  email:  jhauser at zscout.de
               mobile: +49 1721 641552