multiple fastcgi ?

Brice Figureau brice+nginx at daysofwonder.com
Mon Jul 23 20:17:22 MSD 2007

Hi,

I'm sorry if my question is not stricly nginx related.

I have to deploy a fastcgi based application (trac for that matters).
I'd like to deploy it as a fastcgi directly under nginx instead of
behind a proxyied upstream apache running mod_fastcgi.

It seems that the nginx way to do that is to use lighttpd's spawn-fcgi,
is that right ?

The problem I see with this setup is that spawn-fcgi spawn's only one
process, so  I don't see how several parallel requests to the cgi can be
executed at the same time ?

mod_fastcgi under apache seems to spawn several fastcgi process at
server start certainly to overcome this issue. The PHP fastcgi handler
also is doing that.
Lighttpd can also do that apparently if it spawn's directly the
processes (not using the spawn-fcgi program).

Is there any known workaround ?
Thanks for any input,
--
Brice Figureau <brice+nginx at daysofwonder.com>