SSL cert vendors for use with nginx?

Geoffrey Grosenbach boss at topfunky.com
Tue Jun 5 04:22:50 MSD 2007

I'm setting up my nginx server to run with ssl. I bought a cert from
GoDaddy and installed it with the following config snippet, but none
of the intermediate client certificate bundles seem to validate with
the major browsers (they all say that the cert was not issued from a
known authority).

Has anyone successfully used GoDaddy ssl certs with nginx? Which
intermediate client certificate bundle did you use?

Or do I need to just buy an overpriced cert from one of the major
vendors like Verisign or Thawte?

server {
  listen 443;

  ssl on;
  ssl_client_certificate /mysite/keys/gd_intermediate.crt;
  ssl_certificate        /mysite/keys/domain.com.crt;
  ssl_certificate_key    /mysite/keys/domain.com.key;

In use at: https://peepcode.com

Geoffrey Grosenbach
Blog | http://nubyonrails.com
Podcast | http://podcast.rubyonrails.com