No Vary header sent on gzipped response

Yusuf Goolamabbas yusufg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 13:15:56 MSD 2007

On 6/18/07, Igor Sysoev <is at rambler-co.ru> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 04:02:37PM +0800, Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:
>
> > According to my reading of this message from Henrik of Squid fame, it
> > is supposed to be
> >
> > http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200703/0259.html
>
> In this message I do not understand the following:
> -------
> Note: always responding with gzip is ok, even without vary.
> -------

Yes, That statement is worded ambigiously (sp?). I'll ask Henrik about
this. I recommend asking Henrik or the Squid list about any questions
you have wrt Vary and particularly how Squid supports it

BTW, You mention about MISE 4.0 and 5.01 browsers. Is it worthwhile to
make server decisions based on those browsers. They are really old