nginx php and uploading large files

Kingsley Foreman kingsley at internode.com.au
Tue Jun 26 13:25:33 MSD 2007

Hi guys,

I have a complex one I can't work out, Im trying to upload files in nginx
with a php script, this files are normally in the realm or 40-100mb, Ive
changed the relevent settings in php to allow these files I have also
checked phpinfo to make sure they are being used (I used the same ones on an
apache server), in nginx I was orignally getting 413 messages so I have
added
"client_max_body_size            150m;"

Now here is my problem, when i try to upload a file that is larger then 8mb
in size, nginx is saying that the page is a normal 200 however it is not
passing the POST information or the FILE information to php they are just
blank, and of course it isn't uploading the file, anything under 8mb works
fine.

Any suggestions?

 the script is a simple
copy($HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['tmp_name'],"/directory/".$HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['name']);
based script.

Kingsley Foreman
Technical Leader Content Services / Content Management Group

Internode Systems Pty Ltd

PO Box 284, Rundle Mall 5000
Level 1, 132 Grenfell Street, Adelaide 5000
Phone:  +61 8 8228 2978
Fax:    +61 8 8235 6978
Web:    http://www.internode.on.net
        http://games.internode.on.net