ssl_verify_client with imap/pop3

Paul Dekkers Paul.Dekkers at surfnet.nl
Sat Mar 24 06:45:10 MSK 2007

Hi,

I was wondering: is it correct that I cannot use ssl_verify_client and
ssl_client_certificate with nginx running as imap and/or pop3 proxy?

I'd like to enforce the use of client certificates... I'm currently
doing that with stunnel, but perhaps nginx could replace that, while
also offering more flexibility in proxying... (Probably not more
efficient than stunnel.) Besides, it would be great if the script
running for authentication could check parameters of the certificate
(like a hash, or the DN)...

Regards,
Paul