[dev] buffer chain and NGX_AGAIN

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Thu Oct 4 00:30:04 MSD 2007

Hi.

I have another question about buffer chains and NGX_AGAIN.

Suppose that ngx_http_output_filter returns NGX_AGAIN and I set the
events to be notified when I can send further data.

When my handler is called again, has the previous buffer been sent to
the client or copied in one of the output filter chains?

This is important because in mod_wsgi the buffer points to a Python
object and I must know when I can safely deallocate it.

In the current implementation I send the client body "at once", setting
a cleanup handler so that a can free the Python object when the request
terminates.

Thanks  Manlio Perillo