nginx git repository

Grzegorz Nosek grzegorz.nosek at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 16:35:23 MSD 2007

Hello all,

I have finally came around to publishing my git repository. You can
access it at http://git.localdomain.pl/

It currently isn't cloneable (I haven't set up a git-daemon, only
gitweb) -- I hope to enable it soon, if time permits.

You can find there all the patches (admittedly trivial) that we're
currently using. The main areas of interest are:
 - CGI support (from nginx' side it's only a few rewrite flags for
workable PATH_INFO support, i.e. -F, -E and -X)
 - security in a shared environment
 - nested locations -- this is currently WIP.

Notes:
1. I'm only tracking the stable branch (0.5.x)
2. All the commits in `vanilla' branch are (of course) not mine. I
didn't bother to put the real author in there because the repo started
as an internal one, but if anybody finds this misleading or otherwise
unappropriate, please let me know and I'll change it.
3. All my code is based on my (limited) understanding of nginx
internals and comes without any warranty. That being said, we're using
it in production without problems. If you encounter any issues while
running our patched version, I'd be glad to hear about it.
4. The CGI+security patches have a performance impact due to many stat() calls.
5. The nested location support is grossly incomplete.

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek