[mod_wsgi] header filter

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Fri Oct 19 21:38:47 MSD 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 06:08:55PM +0200, Manlio Perillo wrote:

> Igor Sysoev ha scritto:
> >On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 05:07:37PM +0200, Manlio Perillo wrote:
> >
> >>I'm trying to define a custom header filter in mod_wsgi, but my filter
> >>is not called.
> >>
> >>Is this supported?
> >
> >Yes, of course. It's seems that your module set in filter chain too late -
> >after ngx_htpt_header_filter_module.
> >
> >If you use "config" file configuration, you need to write there:
> >HTTP_AUX_FILTER_MODULES="$HTTP_AUX_FILTER_MODULES
> >ngx_http_YOUR_filter_module"
> >

> The problem is that I defined the header filter *inside* the wsgi module.
>
> Now I have defined the header filter in a separate file, and it works.

The filter order is defined in objs/ngx_modules.c:

    &ngx_http_write_filter_module,
    &ngx_http_header_filter_module,
    &ngx_http_chunked_filter_module,
    &ngx_http_range_header_filter_module,
    &ngx_http_gzip_filter_module,
    &ngx_http_postpone_filter_module,
    &ngx_http_charset_filter_module,
    &ngx_http_ssi_filter_module,
    &ngx_http_sub_filter_module,
    &ngx_http_addition_filter_module,
    &ngx_http_userid_filter_module,
    &ngx_http_headers_filter_module,
    &ngx_http_copy_filter_module,
    &ngx_http_range_body_filter_module,
    &ngx_http_not_modified_filter_module,

The two filters ngx_http_range_body_filter_module and
ngx_http_range_header_filter_module are in one file, but called in
different places.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/