Is mod_php walking on its road?

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Tue Oct 23 15:05:51 MSD 2007

Steve Chu ha scritto:
> Sorry,all
>     I made a mistake, nginx is using epoll, so blocked I/O will be a
> big problem.

Not a "really big" problem, since nginx can use multiple worker processes.

Of course mod_wsgi *should* not be used in the "main" http server, but
it should be used "standalone", as a replacement for a "builtin" server
and behind another nginx proxy if possible.

With Python this is very effective, since all Python http servers are
written in pure Python and use a thread based model.

With PHP the builtin server is written in C, and uses a prefork model
(if I'm right) so I don't know is a nginx mod_php is worth the effort.

Regards  Manlio Perillo