Question on rewriting ...

Rakhesh Sasidharan rakhesh at rakhesh.com
Wed Sep 5 16:02:30 MSD 2007

Maxim Dounin wrote:

> Hello!

Hello! :)

> This is what you wrote in your config. If you need redirect, not internal
> rewrite, use:
>
> rewrite ^/feed/.+$   /index.php      redirect;
>
> Note "redirect" flag. It's default for substitute starting with "http://",
> but must be explicitly specified for others.

That's how I finally have it working now. By using a redirect.

If I can have a rule to rewrite /feed/(rss|atom|rdf|rss2) URLs to
/?feed=<whatever> then can't I have a rule to rewrite /feed/<anything
else> to /?feed=rss? Why would it not work? (I used /index.php in my
example above, but I also tried with /?feed=rss and it didn't work).

Thanks,
Rakhesh

 				- Rakhesh
                                 http://rakhesh.net/