[dev] how to handle headers from a gateway

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Thu Sep 13 00:48:54 MSD 2007

Hi Igor, and sorry for all these messages.

I need an advice for the best method of handling headers in mod_wsgi.

The WSGI application returns the headers in a list of tuples:
[('Content-Type', 'text/html'), ('Content-Lenght', '129')]

I see that all the support functions are defined in the upstream module,
but I do not want to use it, since there are some differences (I do not
want to hide/pass headers, and things like X-Accel are not necessary,
since the wsgi module is embedded).

So I'm thinking of write a new "module" ngx_wsgi_gateway, with the stuff
I need from the upstream module.

Is this a good idea, or should I use the upstream module?

Thanks  Manlio Perillo