sending data in "chunks"

Adrian Perez de Castro adrianperez at udc.es
Wed Sep 19 18:59:47 MSD 2007

El Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:29:29 +0400
Igor Sysoev <is at rambler-co.ru> escribió:

> On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 10:35:42PM +0200, Adrian Perez de Castro
> wrote:
>
> > [...]
> >
> > Mmmh, this affects me as well in the fancyindex module. When doing
> > subrequests for header inclusion the call to ngx_http_output_filter
> > returns NGX_AGAIN. I have just assumed NGX_AGAIN does not need extra
> > work, and the rest of the data I send goes to the client...
> >
> > So I suppose I am making the worker process block too much, isn't
> > it?
> >
> > I can only send all data in one chain when not using header/footer
> > (they are subrequests), so I think it will be better to fix my
> > code :D
>
> In your case, when you subrequest local files you can treat NGX_AGIAN
> as NGX_OK. If you subrequest remote sites, then you need some handling
> of this subrequests.

Thanks for the clarification. I will continue handling NGX_AGAIN as
NGX_OK and warn in the module README file about the issue with remote
sites. If there is demand for loading footer/header parts from
non-local URLs, I can try to add better handling for NGX_AGAIN.

Best regards,

--
Adrian Perez de Castro               <adrianperez at udc.es>
Oficina de Software Libre     http://softwarelibre.udc.es