Nginx Wiki - alternatives

cynix cynix at cynix.org
Thu Apr 3 05:03:35 MSD 2008

Cliff Wells <cliff at ...> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to bring up the idea of getting off of MoinMoin at some point.
> The spam issue is a constant headache and Moin 1.6's solution isn't
> appealing (textcha's) for several reasons:
>
> 1) it's annoying and error-prone.
> 2) it won't work against humans (which happen to be the source of a lot
> of wiki and blog spam).

While we're deciding on a new system to use, how about we make it a requirement
that every page on the current wiki must contain the word "nginx", otherwise
submission will fail? From what I've seen, the spammers don't bother writing
something related to the site they're posting on. This could be a simple yet
effective temporary solution until we find a better wiki/cms.