XSLT & hello

Chris Farmiloe chris at oxdi.eu
Tue Apr 8 17:21:16 MSD 2008

Thanks for all your comments. In summary:

pros:
 -- some nice tricks could be done to switch transformation templates
based on the request (or even not transform at all in the cases where
clients can do it themselves)
 -- probably some good opportunities for caching of xsl templates

cons:
 -- very likely to be less efficient at nginx level since we would
have loaded the XML tree into memory twice (once in app server and
again in nginx to perform transformation)

Because of my particular need to only process transformations for
legacy clients, I think a third-party xslt module is still an option.
But I hadn't thought about the rather pointless double XML parsing, so
I'll have to think a bit more.

chrisfarms