Nginx Wiki - alternatives

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 04:47:57 MSD 2008

Wiki's to me are a decent concept but for the most part I am always
disappointed by the implementation. Especially MediaWiki. Blech.

I am annoyed by wiki markup. I'd rather just have a limited amount of
HTML available and work on that. Maybe auto convert newlines (unless
specificly asked not to when posting) - otherwise, stop
auto-formatting and breaking my stuff!

However, I can't really give any other solution for a general
documenting tool that allows multiple authors. I'd suggest even a
basic WordPress or other type of basic content publishing tool like
that and instead of a wiki concept, just publish articles. But the
change history isn't there, it'd require registration typically (which
I don't think is a bad thing) ... oh well.

that's just my two cents. A Lot of wikis make it harder especially
with code samples and things, in my experience. We're actually moving
away from a wiki originally designed for developers sharing advice,
code and other things internally at my work, and we're just going to
use a home-made simple CMS type system that tracks changes instead and
has a limited whitelist of allowed HTML for formatting..

either way, whatever makes it easiest for nginx development,
documentation and such is what I'm interested in. I'm in the middle of
converting my entire life (work, side business, play) to nginx so soon
I will be a die-hard fanboy...