proxy_set_header inheritance not working?

Mark James mrj at bigpond.net.au
Thu Apr 10 20:05:18 MSD 2008

Maxim Dounin wrote:

>>   http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpProxyModule#proxy_set_header
>>
>> Is this saying in a lost-in-translation way that inheritance
>> only happens when there are no proxy_set_header directives at
>> the lower level?  This may be the case, because I've managed to
>> get this common include arrangement working when the proxy_set_header
>> directives in the include file are moved from "location /" to
>> the top level of the file (which is at the server level).
>
> Yes. Feel free to fix wording if you may suggest better one.
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.nginx.english/4022

Thanks Maxim. Sorry I missed the earlier post.

I've edited the English proxy_set_header docs, though there's still
some ambiguity because I don't know whether the inheritance is from
every higher level or just from the next highest one that has a
proxy_set_header directive.

One other thing: I couldn't find any English docs about quoting of
directive parameters, Looking at the source, it appears that all
parameters can be wrapped with both single and double-quotes,
though I'm not sure how this interacts with variable expansion.
If you can give me an answer, I'll write it up on the Wiki, probably
on http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxConfigNotation