proxy_set_header inheritance not working?

Sean Allen sean at monkeysnatchbanana.com
Fri Apr 11 19:24:26 MSD 2008

> 2. Expanding this at configuration stage may be a good idea, but
> this isn't really a problem since with small number of vhosts you
> may easily configure this by hand, and with huge number of vhosts
> you probaly anyway generate configs.

this is already a pain in the ass for us though. its about the only
place that we can use variables. we have to set access log in each
hosts file whereas most everything else comes from variables and there
is a single conf location. if a directory location ever needs to
change, we have to replace it everywhere.

when we have the time we plan on patching nginx to do this of course,
that could be a while and i kind of hope someone else beats us to it.