security question.

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 01:21:04 MSD 2008

If we're talking PHP level, i find it best to run individual fastcgi
pools per user.

php-fpm makes this a breeze now.

if their scripts get exploited, the only files that can be modified
are their own. it doesn't account for any PHP exploits though, and the
scripts can still be exploited and non-root activities can occur (i.e.
zombie bots or IRC bots can be launched, etc) - it won't be a real
true 'system compromise' but it will cost you bandwidth, resources,
etc :)