Config Problem for Wordpress 2.5

Todd HG lists at ruby-forum.com
Sun Apr 13 01:25:13 MSD 2008

I am currently using Nginx to serve images only, but I have written a
script to launch the Nginx process, and php-cgi processes needed to run
Wordpress. I don't seem to have the cofiguration correctly written, and
I'm not sure where I am making my error, so I could use some help. I
also don't use the wp-cache, or Supercache plugins. I am running a
RedHat 5 Enterprise Server. Here is my configuration:

    server {
        listen       my_ip_address:80;
        server_name  www.mydomain.com mydomain.com;
        error_page  404              http://www.mydomain.com/e404.php;

   location  / {
        root    /var/www/mydomain;
        index  index.php index.html index.htm;
        if (!-e $request_filename) {
        rewrite  ^(.*)$  /index.php?q=$1  last;
        }

         valid_referers none blocked images.google.com;
            if ($invalid_referer) {
            # return   404;
                        rewrite  ^(.*)$  http://www.mydomain.com/;
                        }
        deny blocked_ip_address;
        allow all;

       }

    location ~ .php$ {
       fastcgi_pass  localhost:9999;
       fastcgi_index index.php;
       fastcgi_param SCRIPT_NAME $fastcgi_script_name;
       fastcgi_param REQUEST_URI $request_uri;
       fastcgi_param DOCUMENT_URI $document_uri;
       fastcgi_param DOCUMENT_ROOT $document_root;
       fastcgi_param REMOTE_ADDR $remote_addr;
       fastcgi_param REMOTE_PORT $remote_port;
       fastcgi_param SERVER_ADDR $server_addr;
       fastcgi_param SERVER_PORT $server_port;
       fastcgi_param SERVER_NAME $server_name;
       fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME
/var/www/mydomain$fastcgi_script_name;
       fastcgi_param QUERY_STRING $query_string;
       fastcgi_param REQUEST_METHOD $request_method;
       fastcgi_param CONTENT_TYPE $content_type;
       fastcgi_param CONTENT_LENGTH $content_length;