"Hacking" the event model of Nginx

François Battail fb at francois.battail.name
Tue Apr 15 09:16:09 MSD 2008

Le lundi 14 avril 2008 à 16:27 +0200, Manlio Perillo a écrit :

> Note that this it not sufficient to "wake up" the main thread.
> In fact, the main event loop can be waiting on the select/poll/epoll/kqueue.

Yes, you're right. I've rewritten the epoll module to have the
epoll_wait calls on a separate thread and to have the main event loop
waiting on a queue which receive the epoll events and the events from my
threads.

But as the initial request can be cancelled while still being processed
by my threads or still in the queue, some care is needed before
destroying the request structure.

Best regards