Serving embedded video files with X-Accel-Redirect to IE 6 browser

Dave Cheney dave at cheney.net
Wed Apr 16 02:06:30 MSD 2008

Can you do a curl -I <url> and post the results, it may be a case that
the wrong mime type is being served. I'm guessing that the Safari 3.1
and FF tests are done on a Mac and the IE6 tests on a PC (or vmware
image). Apple have a vested interest in going the extra mile to play
quicktime video where as on a PC Quicktime is relegated to plugin
status and so the wrong mime type or content disposition may be
causing that plugin to not be triggered.

Cheers

Dave