Need Help Configuring Nginx to run Wordpress

Todd HG lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Apr 25 19:26:06 MSD 2008

Igor Clark wrote:
> Hi Todd,
>
> I simply pointed out that nginx clearly does work with Wordpress. If
> you're trying to get it to do so, you might take the knowledge that it
> can be done as an indication that you don't need to give up yet, or
> indeed to start declaring quite so soon that "nginx isn't ready for
> prime time" because you can't get one particular application to work
> with it.
>
> Regarding your particular problem, from my personal experience with
> PHP and nginx, it doesn't sound like a problem with nginx and
> Wordpress per se, but rather a PHP/FCGI/nginx logging issue. I've had
> the "blank page" error with PHP and nginx on a number of occasions,
> and having spent a while tracking down the error, I've usually found
> that it's some PHP error which is being hidden for some reason, I
> suspect related to fastcgi_intercept_errors or similar. PHP's error
> logging seems strangely unpredictable to me sometimes; first step is
> obviously to make sure that log_errors is on, the error_reporting
> setting is correct, and you set error_log to somewhere specific.
>
> Incidentally, this isn't a forum, it's a mailing list which is
> delivered to people's personal inboxes, and you're reading it through
> a web-forum interface. That might be why you find you sometimes get
> strong reactions when you make strong statements of opinion.
>
> Good luck getting it working.
> Igor

Thank you Igor for making some good points. I won't give up on Nginx,
which is why I'm still here. I will eventually solve this issue. I will
look into PHP further to see if I can get it to output an error that
will help resolve the blank page. You could very well be correct that
PHP could have been the culprit all along, and not my Nginx
configuration.