mac os nginx startup launchd configure

Nanyang Zhan lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Aug 1 09:09:48 MSD 2008

Jeff Emminger wrote:

It's you again. Thank you for your reply.

> Do you have apache already running on port 80?  Check your "Web
> Sharing" in System Preferences.

No, Web Sharing isn't checked, and I don't think any application other
than nginx is using port 80, because I can visit nginx server from the
port.

I notice a interesting thing however: whenever I kill the working nginx
process, a new nginx daemon will be started.
I think it is nginx itself trying to starts a new nginx daemon, even
when one nginx have been started and have occupied the port.But I don't
know how two stop the new nginx stop trying.

I am sure I have just one launchd file loaded. Since If I delete or
unload the one, no working nginx can be found.