Please help me get FastCGI working with nginx

Michael nginx at thismetalsky.org
Tue Aug 5 16:05:52 MSD 2008

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 18:06:02, Rt Ibmer said...

> However this has the undesirable effect of then changing the URL in the
> browser to 404.php.
>
> Is there a way I can have nginx return the content of my 404.php page as the
> output, so the user still sees their bad page in the URL (i.e.
> http://www.mysite.com/badpage.php instead of http://www.mysite.com/404.php)?

I tend to just handle this inside my application, rather than redirecting to a
static page.  For all but really fatal errors, that is, and those tend to be in
the 500 range anyways.

--
Michael
PGP: 1024D/BC3FF6D4 2BC2 A79B 88D1 218A B32B  ED7A 2EC2 1206 BC3F F6D4