upload module 2.0.4

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 19:07:17 MSD 2008

On 8/7/08, Valery Kholodkov <valery+nginxen at grid.net.ru> wrote:

> I agree with you. The proper uploader should be able to handle partial
> uploads. This would be a nice challenge for me to implement chunked
> transfer encoding and byte ranges support for PUT.
>
> May be I'll consider this later.

PUT already can accept byte ranges more or less - the client just has
to tell the script (PHP for example) something like
put.php?offset=123456 - and then in php you fseek($fp, $offset) and
resume filling in the content from there.

It takes a smart client to know where it left off though. That's one
thing I don't know exactly how it works.

Here's an example product:
http://www.radinks.com/upload/
http://www.radinks.com/upload/plus/resume.php - their little marketing
bit about upload resuming