Another auth/location question - probably very simple to fix :)

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 11:19:50 MSD 2008

On 8/16/08, Igor Sysoev <is at rambler-co.ru> wrote:

> The attached patch should fix two inclusive bugs.
>
> If will not help, the current workaround is to use one level locations:
>
>    location ~ /wordpress/wp-admin {
>        auth
>    }
>
>    location ~ /wordpress/wp-admin/.*\.php$ {
>        auth
>        fastcgi
>    }
>
>    location ~ \.php$ {
>        fastcgi
>    }

I love how small code-wise these changes are for such functional
differences. nginx is a technical marvel - so much functionality with
such little code!

I will try out this patch, but I am curious - why isn't my existing
method using the plain old /wordpress/wp-admin.* regex an acceptable
workaround (until this "bug" as you've said is fixed) - or is this
patch the "fix" for that behavior, if it works?