Another auth/location question - probably very simple to fix :)

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 11:50:54 MSD 2008

On 8/17/08, Igor Sysoev <is at rambler-co.ru> wrote:

> The three following configuration do not work without the patch:
>
> (yours with regex)
>
>   location ~ /wordpress/wp-admin {
>       auth
>
>       location ~ \.php$ {
>          fastcgi
>       }
>   }
>
>   location ~ \.php$ {
>      fastcgi
>   }
>
> (disable regex ^~)
>
>   location ^~ /wordpress/wp-admin {
>       auth
>
>       location ~ \.php$ {
>          fastcgi
>       }
>   }
>
>   location ~ \.php$ {
>      fastcgi
>   }
>
> (static locations)
>
>   location /wordpress/wp-admin {
>       auth
>
>       location ~ \.php$ {
>          fastcgi
>       }
>   }
>
>   location ~ \.php$ {
>      fastcgi
>   }

okay, so which out of these is the most efficient method? Maybe our
language barrier is confusing me but I am not sure which method you
are recommending or are saying is fixed/not fixed/the proper way...

i'm on a 0.7.10 build now with the following 3 patches:

root at local:/usr/src/build/nginx-0.7.10# patch -p0 <
../nginx-patches/0.7.10-inclusive.txt
patching file src/http/ngx_http_core_module.c
root at local:/usr/src/build/nginx-0.7.10# patch -p0 <
../nginx-patches/0.7.10-staticpost.txt
patching file src/http/modules/ngx_http_static_module.c
root at local:/usr/src/build/nginx-0.7.10# patch -p0 <
../nginx-patches/0.7.10-dirtest.txt
patching file src/http/modules/ngx_http_index_module.c