Custom response codes and content-types for memcache module

Spil Games lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Aug 22 11:34:09 MSD 2008

Maxim Dounin wrote:
> The problem is that nginx isn't prepared to work with headers
> without properly initialized upstream.hide_headers hash.  Since
> memcached module doesn't return headers - it doesn't bother with
> initializing the hash.  With initialization added (see
> fastcgi/proxy modules for examples) your patch works as expected.
> I haven't tested it much though.

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for taking the time. I really appreciate it! The patch seems to
work like a charm now.

What about the 404 vs 503 thing? Do you have any opinions what would be
the best way to solve this? Making the status code for a not_found
configurable should not be too hard, but I'd like to know if you think
that's the way to go forward.

Matthijs

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/2593/nginx-0.6.32-memcache.fixed.patch