Question about http_stub_status

Marcus Bianchy marcus.bianchy at pokerstrategy.com
Fri Aug 22 15:51:12 MSD 2008

Hi,

we are using the "Stub Status Module" now for a couple of days, and
there is a something strange effect with the values from this module:

The first few hours the values for  "Active connections" and "Waiting"
were reasonable and low (some few hundred).
After a while, both of these values suddenly increased to ~5000, then
few hours later to ~20000, then to ~30000.
It doesn't matter if we are rotating our logfiles (with SIGHUP): These
values are still high around ~30000.

For what are these values standing for? What is happening there? BTW:
netstat et al. says some hundred or few thousand concurrent (i.e.
ESTABLISHED) connections (and some FIN_WAIT etc. too)

Maybe there is one who can explain this behavior?

Thanks in advance,

Marcus