Why is this file not being gzipped?

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Sun Aug 24 11:13:29 MSD 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 11:54:10PM -0700, mike wrote:

> On 8/23/08, Igor Sysoev <is at rambler-co.ru> wrote:
>
> > css matched by the first location ~* ^.+\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|css|png|js|ico|html)$
>
> I fixed it - this is what it looks like now. I keep getting the
> location ordering confused. That's probably the most confusing part of
> switching to nginx for me is when something matches multiple
> locations/etc... anyway, so far so good!

The logic is following:

1) maximum match for static locations regardless of order,
   it's very handy: you do not need to think about order;

2) first match for regex locations, order is important,
   it's not too handy, but there is no choice: there is no way
   to define maximal match for regex.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/