Read configuration at runtime

Jarod Belle jarodbelle at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 19:15:10 MSD 2008

Igor Clark <igor at ...> writes:

> Hi Jarod,
> If you mean in the way Apache reads .htaccess files, then as far as I
understand, there isn't really any support for this in nginx; it reads its
config at startup, and as Andre says, you need to tell it to reload the config
using a signal.

> Cheers,
> Igor
>

> On 26 Aug 2008, at 15:32, Andre Arnold wrote:
> Hi,kill -HUP `pidof nginx`http://wiki.codemongers.com/
NginxCommandLine#utnbotfBest regards 2008/8/26 Jarod Belle <jarodbelle-
Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> Almir Karic <almir <at> ...> writes: >
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 12:58:14PM +0000, Jarod Belle wrote: > > I want to
make nginx to get different configurations dynamically at runtime. > > what is
wrong with nginx -c /path/to/configuration/file.conf ? >
> Excuse me, What I wanted to know is when nginx have been already running, how
to read any other configurations(such as different user's configuration) in the
runtime. I think this need some ngx_http_module hacking, but I need some guide,
since I'm not familiar enough with nginx's internal architecture. Thank you for
your reply. :)

> --
> Igor Clark • POKE • 10 Redchurch Street • E2 7DD • +44 (0)20 7749 5355 •
www.pokelondon.com

Yes, I mean it.

So sadly, but I really need to implement this function for some reason.

Is it possible that just do some hacking job on http moudle?

I have already read a part of nginx's source code, but still can not figure it
out.