411 Length Required error

Mark Moseley moseleymark at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 04:08:50 MSK 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 6:38 AM, Igor Sysoev <is at rambler-co.ru> wrote:

> It seems that Apache allowed always such requests (POSTs without
> Content-Length). I'm not sure should I add this ?

I can vouch that we've been bitten by that before with AJAX, during
switchovers from straight Apache to nginx reverse proxying for Apache.
We've got a much bigger switchover in the works and I've though about
removing NGX_HTTP_POST from src/http/ngx_http_request.c (line 1414 in
0.7.22, so it'd just apply to PUT). Having a switch to turn off the No
Content Length check for POSTs would be most excellent.