Rewrite Response Headers

Timothy A. Napthali timothya at napthali.com
Sat Dec 13 02:40:46 MSK 2008

I'm wondering if Nginx is going to get the ability to add, remove and rewrite generic response headers?

At the moment you seem to be able to use "add_header" when the response code is 200, 204, 301, 302 or 304 or modify the "expires" header but what I would like to be able to do is muck about with authentication headers. I'm trying to get Microsoft "Outlook Anywhere" (aka RPC over HTTP) to work but one of the issues I'm having is negotiating authentication away from NTLM (which wont work) to basic. I've seen this done with Apache by doing response header rewrites to strip out the NTLM stuff in a few examples.